Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Monitoring & Evaluation Officer 2018 Recruitment | How To Apply For NRC Jobs
How To Apply For Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Jobs 2018 | Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) recruitment for a Monitoring & Evaluation Officer |Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Monitoring & Evaluation Officer 2018 Recruitment | How To Apply For NRC Jobs
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with sixty years of work experience in helping to provide a safer & more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Monitoring & Evaluation Officer 2018 Recruitment
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Ref. no.: 3702761684
Job Type: Full time
Candidates: Nigerian Nationals Only
NRC is looking for a Monitoring & Evaluation Officer for our area office in Maiduguri in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer is to Monitor and Evaluate the Implementation and impact of programme activities in Maiduguri and in the field offices
NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer reports to the Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator.
- Supervise and mentor M&E support staff in executing M&E plans.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E tools.
- Participate in programme design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development, and log frame design.
- Development of case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project
- Work with Programme staff to design and adopt reporting formats required by the NRC system (GORS).
- Implement delegated Monitoring & Evaluation project portfolio according to plan of action
- Contribute to organisational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned and reports;
- Contribute to the design of M&E resourcing, including collaboration with programme staff to identify and plan for Monitoring and Evaluation needs.
- Experience from working as a Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience with surveys, studies, data entry, management and analysis is a must.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- High-level competency in computer skills (data analysis softwares e.g. SPSS, Ms tools e.g Excel, Access, power point or similar)
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Minimum 2 years’ experience from working in a humanitarian/recovery context with at least 1 year in Monitoring & Evaluation
- Degree or Higher Diploma in a relevant field such as Statistics, Applied science, Development studies
- Planning and delivering results
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
- Commencement: March 2018
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with frequent travels. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certficate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply