Medecins Sans Frontieres Finance & Accountancy Manager Job Recruitment
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that offers emergency aid in about 60 countries to persons with injuries caused by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
Applications are hereby invited for:
Medecins Sans Frontieres Finance & Accountancy Manager Job
Job Title: Finance and Accountancy Manager
Report To: Finance Coordinator
Reort to (Functional): HQ-based field accounting referent
Main Objective of the Position
- Coordinating and supervising the accounting of the mission (accounting, treasury, audit procedures, etc.) according to the instructions of the Finance Coordinator, and in compliance with legal obligations and MSF standards and protocols in order to provide quality, reliable and transparent information to the organization on the use and allocation of resources in the mission.
Function Responsibilities Include
- Being responsible for quality and timely accounting for the whole mission e.g. cash procedures, bank accounts, receipts and supporting documents, electronic data entry, consolidation of overall mission accounting, monthly closing process and documents, ensuring strict respect of deadlines and strict compliance to MSF guidelines, financial standards and procedures.
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve people’s capabilities
- Is the technical reference for any accounting-related issue including compliance with MSF financial standards and procedures, legal compliance, training and support on the MSF accounting software / system
- When required, briefing all staff involved, on specific accountancy management (Mission Coordination Team, Administration Managers, Logistics Managers, etc).
- Coordinating and overseeing the monthly and yearly closing of accounts and balance sheet, and reporting the mission’s accounting statement through monthly and weekly reports, in order to verify the evolution of project finances and provide information about them
- Being responsible for the financial management of donor contracts e.g. preparing and verifying the financial reports to donors, following up and analysing the need for amendments. Ensuring reporting conditions are met and stakeholders in the mission are informed of their responsibilities (for example, logistics for stock inventory, quotes)
- Coordinating and overseeing the payment of tax liabilities in order to comply with legal obligations.
- Coordinating and supervising the conduct of local audits relating to accounting, tax, labour, stock and asset management. Medecins Sans Frontieres Finance & Accountancy Manager Job
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
Guarantees that money administration procedures are followed:
- Monitor the day-to-day operation of the accounting operations. Manage the coordination e-banking payments and monitor cash boxes (following up advances and maintaining the advances register, physical inventories and bank account/ check, expenditure reconciliations, etc.).
- Organizing the system for paying suppliers do the payments by check, e-banking transfers.
- Check that international staff return security envelopes/ advances and settle their various debts before departure.
- Follow up the timely closure of operational advances.
- Give an initial briefing on money administration to all personnel receiving entitlements (security money, perdiem, lodgment, etc.) and/or functioning advances.
- Checking purchasing procedures are followed (purchase order are signed by authorized persons).
Guarantees accounting procedures are followed:
- Check that the authorized persons validate expenditures.
- Filing and archiving documents.
- Give a specific briefing on accountancy management to project admins, project coordinators and/or logisticians.
- Check the conformity of justifications, following MSF rules and the country’s specificities.
- Manage expenditure of other missions and sections.
- Ensure that all the entries in FFC have the required supporting documents.
Consolidation and closing accounts:
- Check the accounts (field and capital).
- Check the documents attached and cost allocations (project and accounts codes).
- Check the justification documents and their conformity (Purchase orders, invoices etc.) in capital and the projects.
- Analyze FFC revisions sent by HQ and do the corrections if necessary
- Under the responsibility of the financial coordinator, analysing cash box disparities and providing technical assistance for their resolution (propositions on reorganization).
Medecins Sans Frontieres Finance & Accountancy Manager Job
Authorization of HQ invoices:
- Authorize the payment of HQ invoices after checking with the logistician of the delivery of the goods.
- Follow up of the circuit of purchases: invoice – purchase order – delivery note, in accordance with the Mission’s supply and Money Security rules.
- Review and approve the accounting from the mission.
- Ensure an accurate and timely closure of the accountancy.
- Ensure the timely reporting of Advances and closing documents to HQ
- Sending the corrections to the field with remarks and a plan of action to address the errors observed.
- Resolving any bugs at field or coordination level and report incidences.
- Install the latest versions in the field.
- Team training and management
- Be in charge of the accountancy training in the whole mission, i.e. to train the people who have to deal with accountancy and money administration.
- Training on the mission’s specific allocation guide.
- Identifying errors and helping to resolve them.
- Participating in the technical evaluation of assistants
- If required, carrying out visits (with reporting), proposing additional training.
- Education: Essential solid accountancy training and experience-professional accounting
- Desirable University degree in accounting, finance or business administration
- Experience: Essential 4 years previous experience in similar relevant position jobs.
- Languages: Mission language essential. Local language desirable.
- Knowledge: Local accounting standards, Desirable MSF accounting software, ERP system
- knowledge, local laws.
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- People Management and Development
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Planning and Organizing
- Service Orientation
- Attention to details
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Stress Management
- Capacity to work as a team, respectful and good working attitude
- Sensitive and respectful of religious and cultural differences
- Identification with Humanitarian, Cross Cultural Awareness, Self-Control,
- Quality and Results Orientation, Commitment, Stress Management.
Salary: As per the MSF salary scale (national contract)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and motivation letters either by email to: email@example.com (in the subject please put the position for which you are applying)
In person to:
MSF Spain Office,
Plot 394 Etong O. Obuli Street, Jabi,
- Write the position for which you are applying on the envelope,
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Application Deadline 2nd February, 2018.
If you are unclear about anything concerning Medecins Sans Frontieres Finance & Accountancy Manager Job, please, ask us for clarity by using the comment box below…