Apply for the new 50 Commonwealth Rutherford Fellowships for International Students in UK Available for 50 Africans Countries. See below for more details
The new 50 Commonwealth Rutherford Fellowships is now to be had for the researchers from different Commonwealth international locations to spend one or two years at an eligible UK university or better education institution engaging in postdoctoral studies.
These fellowships are funded through the United Kingdom Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) thru the Rutherford Fund, with the purpose of attracting global skills and helping the UK’s research base.
The reason of the fellowship is to assist world-magnificence studies and innovation and to make contributions to the UK’s research base via attracting high-calibre global applicants and inspiring links and collaboration.
Commonwealth Rutherford Fellowships
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission inside the UK (CSC) awards over 800 scholarships and fellowships for postgraduate take a look at and professional development to Commonwealth citizens each 12 months. The CSC pursuits to contribute to the UK’s global development goals and wider foreign places hobbies, support excellence in UK higher schooling, and sustain the ideas of the Commonwealth. Candidates are decided on on the premise of merit and their ability to contribute to the wishes of their domestic countries.
Applications deadline: December 11, 2017
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral research programme.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded to learn any of the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Each fellowship provides:
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the cost of journeys made before your award is finally confirmed will not usually be reimbursed)
- Research support grant of £2,500 per annum
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,627 per month, or £2,019 per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2017-2018 levels)
- Study travel grant of £1,000 per award towards the costs of approved travel within the UK or overseas.
Nationality: Applicants from commonwealth country other than the UK are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Number of Scholarships: Up to 50 fellowships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Applicants from commonwealth country other than the UK are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Entrance Requirements: To apply for these fellowships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by a Commonwealth country other than the United Kingdom, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in a Commonwealth country other than the UK, and not based in the UK at the time of application
- Be available to start your fellowship in the UK before 31 March 2018
- Have been awarded your PhD no more than ten years prior to 1 November 2017
- Not have previously held a Commonwealth Scholarship or Fellowship awarded by the CSC
English Language Requirements:Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: You must provide the following supporting documentation, which must be received by the CSC by 12.30 (GMT) on 13 December 2017 in order for your application to be eligible for consideration:
- References from at least two individuals. One of these referees must be your Ph.D. supervisor; without a reference from this person (except in exceptional circumstances) your application will be ineligible
- PhD certificate
- Supporting statement from your proposed supervisor in the UK
- Copy of your passport showing your photograph, date of birth, and country of citizenship
If you need our Team to help you with more updated information at the right time about Commonwealth Rutherford Fellowships, kndly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also feel free to ask any question pertaining to this guide.